Easy to Install
Ground installation requires minimal preparation, the tanks can be situated on any smooth level site. Ideal for tank stands they will not rust or corrode.
It is not recommended to bury Poly tanks deeper than 400mm.
Note: Poly tanks will expand when full
Ensure the long life of your tank by observing the following:
- Your tank must be sited on a compacted, level base e.g. Concrete or Crusher dust completely boxed in, so the site material cannot be washed away. The siting of the tank on fill is NOT recommended as subsidence may occur - a 23,650Ltr tank weighs approximately 23,650 kg when full.
- The overflow pipe must be plumbed away from the tank. Failure to do so will result in the tank site being undermined and likely cause the failure of your tank. The long term maintenance of the site is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and is very important to insure maximum life from your tank. Damage or distortion of the tank by site erosion is not covered by warranty.
If you have any doubts about your installation please phone us.
Correct method for siting above ground tank
It is recommended that you put at least 25mm of water in to the tank or otherwise secure your tank from being blown away. Tankworld takes no responsibility for tanks being damaged in this way.
NOTE: If a Poly tank installation is deeper then 400mm, a SPECIAL BUILD HEAVYWEIGHT Poly tank is recommended. Please discuss this with your sales consultant.
Slim Line Tank InstallationSlim Line tanks by design are tall with a narrow base. All slim line tanks MUST be installed upon a very sound base, preferably a concrete slab. A slim line tank installation on a soft base could tip over. Do NOT site Poly slim line tanks directly against a wall as they will expand when full and may place undue pressure against any structure.
Concrete PadReinforced concrete pad, level and greater than the diameter of the tank.
Tank StandTank stand should have hardwood decking with gaps no greater than 50mm. Decking to be supported structurally by bearers strong enough to prevent sagging of decking when tank is full. Pipe work for tanks on stands must be supported by the stand, not the tank, with 30cm flexible rubber hose to allow for any movement. When calculating your tank stands holding capabilities please remember one litre of water is equal to one kilo of weight. Correct tank stand installation is the customers sole responsibility.
Please advise us if you need any extra fittings or gate valves. Strainer, Overflow and one brass outlet plus gate valve - up to 40mm - will be supplied with your tank and fitted on delivery. All other plumbing work to and away from the tank is the responsibility of the purchaser. Extra fittings are available on request. Fittings larger than 40mm are available at an extra cost.
WarrantyThis tank has been manufactured for the storage of drinking water and all materials used are suitable for contact with drinking water.
10 Year Warranty
Tankworld Tanks have a warranty to the original purchaser for a period of 10 (ten) years against faulty workmanship or materials provided the following is caried out:
- The warranty is void and will not be binding upon the manufacturer where any physical abuse,improper installation, unsound base or unauthorised modifcations have occured to the tank or the site is not level. This can cause wall or roof distortion in the tank and is not covered by warranty. Please note the tank must have a 30cm flexible hose fitted as per instructions contained here within.
- To retain the compacted base retaining beams must be provided to stop material washing away and site becoming unstable. Crusher dust compacted or road base compacted is recommended. The installation of any tank on fill is not recommended, as over time subsidence may occur causing the tank to distort.
- The warranty is limited to replacement or repair of the tank at the discretion of Tankworld.
- Overflow must be piped away from tank base to prevent erosion of the site.
- The number of inlet pipes, their sizes and capacities must equal the number of overflow pipes, their sizes and capacities.
- Correct tank site preperation, as well as preservation is the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
- Do not allow the tank site to deteriorate after installation due to any form of erosion.
- The warranty is granted to the original purchaser only and is not binding on any heirs or successors in title thereof.
- The manufacturer will not be liable for any consequential losses including loss of profits or damage to property.
- The warranty does not apply to the colour which may fade or change
- Outlets or gate valves must be installed above ground or tank warranty is void.
- The warranty on the strainer, outlet, gate valve and overflow is 12 (twelve) months only.
water tanks may only be installed to a maximum of 400mm in ground.
Standard water tanks will not be covered by warranty if installed
deeper than 400mm. This is recommended by the manufacturer of the raw